FIRST AID, CPR AND BASIC LIFE SUPPORT CLASSES
Considering a career path in healthcare? Look no further than our basic life support training programs. With more than twenty years in health and social care, Paul offers knowledge and experience that transcends all healthcare boundaries. Our classes ensure you get the most out of your training, which includes your textbooks, workbooks, quality skills sessions and skills lab reviews.
ASSISTED LIVING CLASSES
Blossoms Workforce Academy is the premier and affordable training facility for anyone with an interest in assisted living. Our 3-day comprehensive training program provides our students not only with theory‑based curriculum, but also real life, practical examples and experiences from the owner of an assisted living facility.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MANAGEMENT
Taught by Blossoms CEO Paul Sturdgess, this popular course is beneficial to anyone looking to enhance their leadership and management skills through a variety of topics. Paul shares his experiences from the creation of Blossoms from his bedroom in the United Kingdom in 2007, to the growth into a multimillion dollar company and expansion into the United States today
Meet Paul Sturdgess
Paul is a committed entrepreneur with a vision of high quality, elegance in business and appreciating diversity. From his early career as an entry level worker, Paul’s consistent tenacious approach to work, fostered trust and confidence from those he worked with. Self-belief saw him strive for purpose in his career and an ambition to ‘repay’ the people he met and the lessons he learnt by sharing his knowledge as a community leader and an ambassador for people. With more than twenty years in health and social care, and with eleven of those years growing his own business, Paul legitimately offers knowledge and experience that transcends all the boundaries of business.
- Owner and Chief Executive of Blossoms Care Services Ltd – UK Based – Providing adult social care services within the home and supported living settings. Built from the ground upwards, Paul developed the infrastructure, policies and procedures, assessments and staffing in 2008, which this year celebrated it’s 11th birthday as a $3,000,000 turnover business.
- Owner and Chief Executive of Blossoms Assisted Living 1, LLC and Blossoms Workforce Academy LLC – U.S. Based – Providing adult social care service within an assisted living community and coupling this with a vocational based training academy in Deland Florida, which educates both the healthcare and general business demographic.
- BSc in Health and Social Care with First Class Honors
- Instructor for the Florida Assisted Living Association (FALA)
- Core Trainer for Assisted Living Communities in Florida with the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA)
- ADRD (Alzheimer’s and Dementia Related Disorders) Trainer with the Department of Elder Affairs in Florida
- Certified Dementia Practitioner and Certified Alzheimer’s and Dementia Trainer with the NCCDP
- Serv Safe Instructor and Proctor for the National Restaurant Association Certified Food Protection Manager and Food Handler curriculums
- American Red Cross Instructor for First Aid, CPR and AED, Basic Life Support and Bloodborne Pathogens
- Local leader in industry specific groups such as COPE (Community Outreach and Professional Education) and FALA (Florida Assisted Living Association), in addition to being an active member of the Deland Chamber of Commerce
- Speaker and Educator on health and social care topics such as: Positive Pathways for Aging with Cognitive Decline, Understanding the AHCA 1823 Health Care Assessment for Assisted Living, Cultural and Generational Sensitivity, The Role of Nurses within Assisted Living Facilities, How do I become a better Leader?, “Help, my business is like a Rubik’s’ Cube” – Organizational Management, to name but a few!
- Knowledge of American and European Business Expectations
- Aptitude in writing and bidding for tenders and contracts
Meet Jarred Riccadonna
Jarred is a West Virginia native, growing up in Follansbee, a small town about twenty miles north of Wheeling. Far from a “selfie king,” Jarred graduated with his MBA from Wheeling Jesuit University and his Bachelor’s in Marketing from West Liberty University. His claim to fame is interning with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Jarred’s primarily responsibilities include growing Blossoms Workforce Academy’s operations in the state of Ohio and maintaining a digital marketing presence through an omni channel approach. He will be the second trainer behind Blossoms CEO Paul Sturdgess. With seven years of marketing experience and over ten years in sales across multiple industries, Jarred specializes in marketing consultations, sales and customer service training, and being a trainer for Blossoms coveted CPR, AED, first aid and ServSafe training programs.
During his free time, Jarred is enjoys throwing darts, being a karaoke extraordinaire, working out, and writes fantasy football articles. He also enjoys networking and meeting new people whenever possible and enjoys a good rock concert.
Ruth Moore. CNA Student
My training experience at Blossoms Workforce Academy was awesome! I've learned so much and my hopes are to pass the state exam with flying colors!
Staci Martelli, CNA Student
This class is wonderful just the way it is, everything was explained well and the overall environment of the class is excellent!
Keisha Cotto, CPR Student
My instructor was excellent. She broke down everything so I could understand, and for that I am grateful.
Blossoms Workforce Academy
144 E Indiana Ave, DeLand, FL 32724